top of page

What is a travel consent letter?

What is a travel consent letter?

Now that we can travel again many people would like to do so. In certain situations, you may need a travel consent letter. Having the correct documentation can prevent confusion and chaos at the airport.

Who needs a travel consent letter?

A minor (under the age of majority 18 or 19, depending on the province or territory they live in) who is: 

  • Traveling alone
  • Traveling with friends
  • Traveling with only one parent (or legal guardian) or other family member (not a parent)
  • Traveling with an organization (i.e.: hockey team or school trip)

A travel consent letter is not a mandatory legal requirement, but is strongly recommended by the Canadian Government that minors carry a consent to travel letter if they are travelling abroad.

The Government also recommends that this letter be signed by every non-accompanying person with the legal right to make major decisions for the youth.

Getting your Travel Consent Letter Notarized is Easy!

Act Now Legal Services has made it easy for you. Just click here  to fill out the document, save it to your computer or phone, and call (705)252-5213 to book an appointment to have it notarized.

The information on this website is for general knowledge only; it is not intended to substitute for the advice of a lawyer or paralegal and does not address any specific facts or circumstances of your case. You should confirm with your legal representative whether this information applies to your specific situation. Please note that the use of this website does not constitute and client Paralegal Relationship.

Your privacy is extremely important to me. The trust placed in me by my clients is absolutely essential to my success. I understand that and do all I can to earn and protect that trust. I do not share your personal information with any outside companies, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.

164 Innisfil Street Unit 107, Barrie, ON, Canada L4N 3E7

Phone: 705-252-5213 | Fax: 705-252-5314


bottom of page